Patrick J. O´Connor is vice chairman of Cozen O´Connor. He is a trial lawyer who focuses his practice on litigation arising out of contracts, banking matters, estates, professional liability involving legal and accounting matters and health care.
Prior to joining Cozen O´Connor in 1973, he served as law clerk to the Hon. Thomas J. Clary, chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and was an associate attorney at Pepper Hamilton & Scheetz.
Patrick is actively involved in many legal, professional, civic and educational organizations. He is a fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Patrick is chairman of the board of BNY Mellon Funds Trusts, a member of the board of Crowley Chemical Company of New York City, a member of the board of PCS and Advisor Trust.
Patrick’s educational affiliations include serving as chairman of the board of trustees of Temple University and as a current member (and former chairman) of the board of Consultors for the Villanova University School of Law.
Patrick previously served as a member and chairman of the board of trustees of College Misericordia, and as a member of the board of directors at King’s College. In 2013, Patrick received honorary degrees from two of Philadelphia’s major universities, Temple University and the Villanova University School of Law.
In 2014 he received an honorary doctorate from King’s College. Patrick earned his Bachelor of Arts at King’s College, magna cum laude, in 1964 and his law degree from the Villanova University School of Law in 1967.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1967
- King’s College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1964
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$