Patrick F. Rice advises private equity sponsors, buyers, sellers and financial advisors in transactions in numerous sectors, including the energy, infrastructure, transportation and shipping sectors.
He handles mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, spinoffs, and joint ventures and other strategic alliances. Patrick brings to his practice considerable experience in the finance industry, having held several positions at Goldman Sachs & Co., including general counsel of the Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Investment Fund.
Patrick advises clients in general corporate and securities matters, including:
- Securities law compliance
- Corporate governance issues
- Disclosure issues
- Stock repurchase programs
- Shareholder agreements
- Proxy contests
- Shareholder rights plans
- Corporate control matters.
- Extensive experience in advising clients in the energy, infrastructure, transportation and shipping sectors.
- Represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in mega-cap and middle-market transactions.
- Previously held several positions at Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Served as legal counsel to a registered investment advisor that invests in the outcome of lawsuits and settlements in an investment of up to $100 million by two well-known hedge funds.
- Represented a West African-based insurance company and selling shareholders in a sale of significant minority to a Moroccan conglomerate.
- Advised a music publishing and licensing company in its sale of interest to a major talent agency.
- Counseled a health care growth equity venture capital firm in its purchase of a biologics business.
- Assisted an investment manager in the sale of a biomass power plant in Northern California that was powered by timber industry waste (woodchips) to an alternative energy-focused private equity fund.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1997
- M.B.A., George Mason University, 1992
- B.S., U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, 1987
- New York
Rate : $$$