Patrick J. Ryan is the Head of the Firm’s Banking and Credit Practice. Patrick regularly represents leading financial institutions and investment banks in connection with the arrangement and syndication of senior credit facilities, including acquisition, bridge and other corporate financings.
He has significant experience in complicated financings in the leveraged finance, investment-grade, and asset-based markets, often working with clients to develop innovative structures or to find solutions to difficult issues. He has also advised on the restructuring of existing credit facilities and other related financings, including DIP and exit financings.
Patrick’s financial institution and investment banking clients include JPMorgan, Barclays Capital, Deutsche, Morgan Stanley, and Royal Bank of Canada, among others. Patrick also represents companies in connection with their financing activities, and his clients have included American Media, AOL, Bard, Cengage Learning, Evercore, Hulu, MasterCard, News Corporation, Radioshack, Sky Deutschland, Travelers Companies, 21st Century Fox and Universal Studios, among others.
Patrick is also active in representing clients in sports and entertainment ventures, including the representation of Forest City Ratner Companies and other investors in connection with the acquisition and relocation of the Nets NBA franchise to Brooklyn.
Notable recent transactions include representing:
- JPMorgan and Barclays in connection with $12.5 billion of bridge financing for Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.’s acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation
- Deutsche Bank, Barclays, Citi and Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with $5.1 billion of financing for Avago Technologies’ acquisition of LSI Corporation
- JPMorgan and Wells Fargo in connection with $1.475 billion in financing for Wolverine World Wide’s acquisition of the Performance + Lifestyle Group business of Collective Brands, Inc.
- Barclays and HSBC in connection with $4.35 billion of bridge financing for Perrigo Company’s acquisition of Elan Corporation
- JPMorgan and Deutsche Bank in connection with $3.1 billion in financing related to the merger of Dex Media and SuperMedia and their emergence from Chapter 11
- JPMorgan and The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi in connection with $1.2 billion in bridge financing for Total System Services in connection with its acquisition of NetSpend
- JPMorgan in connection with approximately $2.7 billion in financing for Delta Airlines
- JPMorgan in connection with $1.465 billion in financing related to Gannett’s acquisition of Belo Corporation
Patrick is ranked among the leading banking and finance lawyers in the United States and the world by publications such as Chambers USA, Chambers Global, The Legal 500 United States, IFLR1000 and The Best Lawyers in New York.
Patrick received his B.A.,magna cum laude, from Manhattan College in 1985 and his J.D., cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law in 1989. He spent a year at University of Dublin, Trinity College from 1985 to 1986.
- Fordham University School of Law, 1989 J.D.
- cum laude
- University of Dublin, Trinity College, 1986
- Manhattan College, 1985 B.A.
- magna cum laude
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
Admissions : New York 1990
Rate : $$$