Paul T. Moura represents consumer product manufacturers, technology companies and multinational brands in high-stakes litigation and commercial disputes, with an emphasis on maximizing potential insurance recovery.
Paul has represented clients from coast to coast in complex matters involving contract disputes, as well as consumer protection, unfair competition, deceptive advertising, privacy and other tort claims.
Along with his extensive experience in trial and appellate litigation, Paul brings particular value to his clients through his experience in maximizing insurance and indemnity recoveries in disputes and business deals.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul worked with a media policy think tank based at the London School of Economics, where he helped to develop a network of policymakers, researchers, and lobby groups collaborating in areas involving consumer protection and digital rights.
Paul also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Stephen Reinhardt of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and as an intern at the United Nations World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
Paul is admitted to practice before all California and New York state courts, in addition to a number of federal district and appellate courts throughout the United States. He also maintains a busy docket of pro bono and community work, and currently sits on the Executive Board of the California Young Lawyers Association, the largest association of young lawyers in the nation.
- Represented technology companies, financial services institutions, consumer products manufacturers, hotel chain, multinational brands and retailers in consumer protection and privacy claims, class actions, contract disputes and insurance recovery matters.
Represented major internet service provider in securing insurance coverage under Internet Liability Policy for underlying class action lawsuits.
- Successfully prosecuted breach of contract and bad faith claims against title insurance carrier in complete arbitration victory for financial institution client, including recovery of attorneys’ fees.
- Represented clean energy software company in negotiating IP and software licensing deals to maximize insurance and indemnity protections.
- Secured an appellate victory in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and successfully vacated a multi-million dollar insurance arbitration award.
- Secured an appellate dismissal in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in dispute involving claims of fraud and misrepresentation against financial institution in connection with investments in an entertainment venture.
- Obtained summary judgment for client on breach of contract and bad faith claims involving insurance coverage for tort lawsuit filed against restaurant.
- Represented construction materials manufacturer in mass tort lawsuits alleging property damage and personal injury, and secured insurance coverage for such claims.
- Principal author of numerous federal and state appellate court briefs, including in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth and Ninth Circuits.
- Frequest author and speaker on effective risk management and risk minimization strategies in areas involving business interruption or event cancellation losses, cyber-related risks posed by emerging technologies, and insurance issues in the “Sharing Economy.”
- Pro Bono: Represented group of tenants in litigation involving numerous statutory violations, privacy claims, unfair business practices, and housing code violations, in partnership with the Inner City Law Center.
- Pro Bono: Served as trial counsel on family law matter in cooperation with Bet Tzedek Legal Services.
- MSc, Media & Communication Governance, London School of Economics, with distinction, 2013
- JD, University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal, 2012
- BA, History, University of Michigan, 2008
- New York
- Executive Board, State Bar of California Young Lawyer’s Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$$