Paul S. Bernstein, vice chair of Venable’s Entertainment and Media Group, is a general corporate lawyer whose practice focuses on representing companies and individuals in the entertainment and media industry. Paul counsels clients on matters such as joint ventures, acquisitions, capital raising, and executive compensation.
Paul also serves as outside general counsel for many of his clients, and regularly coordinates with the firm’s Tax, Intellectual Property, Labor and Employment, Real Estate, Litigation, Creditors’ Rights, and Regulatory specialists to provide comprehensive and efficient service.
- Talent management company in the sale of a controlling interest to a studio for cash and stock
- Production company in a joint venture with an animation services company seeking a studio partner for financing and distribution
- Management team in the formation of an investment fund to acquire music rights
- VR/AR company in a Series A financing
- Independent television studio in several executive employment agreements
- Live entertainment promoter in a joint venture with a theater operator for location based entertainment
- Numerous celebrities in entrepreneurial ventures, including ongoing representation as outside general counsel
- Streaming wellness company as outside general counsel.
- J.D. New York University School of Law 1990
- A.B. Columbia University 1986
Bar Admissions : California, New York
Rate : $$$$