Paul F. Callan has been practicing law in New York for more than 30 years. From the beginning of his career as a prosecutor at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office, he was never a stranger to complex, high-profile litigation. Within three years of joining the Brooklyn office, he was on the prosecution team that convicted David Berkowitz for the Son of Sam murders. He became the deputy chief of homicide at 29.
After leaving the DA’s office, Mr. Callan went into private practice where he handled a broad range of criminal and civil matters. Over the years, he has represented an impressive list of clients, including Quentin Tarantino, Leonardo DiCaprio, as well as the most important expert witnesses in the Central Park Jogger Case among others.
He also represented the estate of Nicole Brown Simpson in the civil case against O.J. Simpson. Mr. Callan’s experience handling cases from both the prosecution and the defense perspective has served his clients extremely well.
More recently, Mr. Callan has focused his practice on civil actions involving wrongful imprisonment. In one of the most highly publicized cases in recent memory, he and attorney Martin Edelman represented Jonathan Fleming, a local man who spent 24 years in prison for a murder he did not commit. In that case, Mr. Callan and Mr. Edelman secured an initial $6.25 million settlement for Mr. Fleming, while other litigation filed on his behalf remains pending.
In addition to his work on behalf of his clients, Mr. Callan is also a highly recognized and respected television legal analyst. He has regularly appeared on CNN, all of the major networks and on numerous other media outlets. He has also published a number of important legal articles and previously taught media law at the university level.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, Juris Doctor
- Seton Hall University, B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Elite American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- New York County Lawyers’ Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Society of Medical Jurisprudence, Member
Rate : $$$