With over three decades of experience in the practice of trusts and estates law, Paul J. Collins helps individuals and families preserve their assets and plan for the future. His work includes trust and estate planning and administration, both in the United States and internationally.
His particular strength is fiduciary litigation, such as contested probate and accounting matters, guardianships, disputes over inherited property, and the construction of wills and trusts. Clients value Paul’s ability to resolve family disputes in an efficient manner.
He represents clients in the Surrogate’s Courts and other courts in New York, as well as Connecticut courts, and uses mediation or arbitration where appropriate.
Paul’s practice extends to asset protection, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, and charitable planning, including the organization and operation of charitable foundations.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1984
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 1979, cum laude
Bar Admissions : New York; Connecticut
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of the City of New York, Member
Rate : $$$