Paul Economon is a corporate, contract, commercial, business transactional and technology attorney with an extensive background in providing both legal and business support to the small to medium enterprise sector, with a strong focus on high technology.
He has represented numerous privately-held, public, emerging and established companies by providing them with:
- Corporate formation and governance documentation and assistance
- Capital raising and financing agreements
- Counsel on all manner of commercial negotiations and disputes
- General (in-house counsel) business representation
- Product and services agreements
- Technology and software development and licensing agreements (from enterprise to SaaS)
- Network, systems and facilities security testing and services agreements
- Distribution and reseller agreements
- Website (e-commerce) development and hosting agreements
- On-line heath care sector service provider agreements and policies
- Government prime and subcontracts
- Sales and support agreements
- Employee compensation, equity plans, confidentiality and non-competition arrangements
Mr. Economon has extensive transactional experience with various mergers & acquisitions, asset and stock purchases, corporate and entity reorganizations and recapitalizations, as well as the sale/purchase of securities and other financial facilities, and the accompanying compliance with state and federal securities laws.
His experience with venture capital transactions comes from multiple perspectives — from being outside counsel for the company or the investing entity, to being in-house counsel for both at various times, as well as a being the business owner of a venture backed company.
Seeking a broader base of legal experience to draw from for his growing client base, Mr. Economon joined FisherBroyles in October of 2015 from the law firm of Rimon, PC, where he was a partner for four years. Prior to that, he was with the firm he founded in Northern Virginia, Economon & Associates, PC; he was a partner in the D.C. area law firm of Koltun & King, P.C.; Of Counsel with the law firm of Greenebaum Doll & McDonald PLLC; and has held five in-house positions ranging from General Counsel to COO during his professional career.
- George Washington University, J.D.
- George Washington University, M.B.A.
- University of Southern California, B.S.
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Washington, D.C.
- Virginia Supreme Court
- District of Columbia, Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court
Rate : $$$