Paul Chronis practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation, transactions and business counseling. In all of his representations, Mr. Chronis seeks to optimize the balance between his clients’ business and legal objectives. Among other representations, Mr. Chronis:
- Has litigated, managed and coordinated the defense of multiple high profile national class action and mass action matters in state and federal courts around the country. These cases included claims concerning consumer fraud, defective products, bond obligations, and tax payment compliance. He has extensive experience in multi-district litigation proceedings and in coordinating and working with joint defense groups and local counsel. He has also provided substantial media and government relations services in connection with these class and mass actions.
- Has negotiated and litigated a wide variety of matters, including business tort, breach of contract, restrictive covenant, RICO, breach of fiduciary duty, accounting, tax, fraud, construction, securities, license, franchise, insurance coverage and intellectual property claims.
- Does substantial appellate work in state and federal courts. Among other successful appellate matters, he prevailed before the Illinois Supreme Court on an important issue concerning the confidentiality of patient health records.
- Has substantial experience in all types of alternative dispute resolution and served as an arbitrator for the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program. His dispute resolution experience includes bet the company contract and fraud disputes as well as high dollar disputes between members of trading exchanges.
- Represents international companies with disputes in foreign jurisdictions.
- Has represented companies in various heavily regulated industries on compliance matters.
- Routinely provides updates, training seminars, and other presentations to in house counsel on a variety of relevant legal topics.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1989
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., cum laude, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$