Paul L. Gale handles complex business and intellectual property litigation, providing counsel for a range of clients in complex contract disputes, copyright infringement cases, and patent and trademark matters involving machinery, medical devices and equipment, biotech, and computer hardware and software.
With over 40 years of experience, Paul is a veteran who has litigated disputes involving all aspects of corporate law at the trial and appellate levels. Whether he is representing an e-cigarette manufacturer in a consumer class action or an investor in a major film fraud matter, Paul applies his long experience to help his clients achieve their business goals.
He has successfully handled complex contract cases for public- and private-sector clients. Paul has also handled several major insurance coverage disputes on behalf of insurance carriers in business-related insurance matters and litigated professional responsibility matters.
Representative Matters :
- Represented an aerospace manufacturer in a multibillion-dollar aircraft-parts supplier dispute.
- Represented motion picture investment groups in disputes involving advertising-financing of feature films.
- Represented a surfware trademark owner in a dispute over the termination of a worldwide license agreement.
- Successfully defended the majority board of directors of a publicly held corporation in a competing board of directors battle for control of the company.
- Represented the plaintiff in a claim alleging false designation of origin under the Lanham Act in which products labeled “Made in Korea” were actually being made in China and then shipped to Korea to evade quota limitations.
- Defended a patent infringement case involving side-firing surgical laser devices that resulted in a lucrative license for the defendant.
- Successfully defended a declaratory relief action at trial and in the appellate court regarding the scope of a license to make stent-related devices.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- State Bar of California, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 1975
- University of California, Los Angeles, A.B., summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa, 1972
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
Rate : $$$