Paul Edwin Greenwalt concentrates his practice in commercial and civil litigation involving a wide range of matters, with an emphasis on securities litigation, regulatory matters and disputes involving manufacturers and distributors.
He practices in courts throughout the country, at both the trial and appellate levels, and also has substantial experience in both arbitration and mediation. Paul specializes in representing clients in unique “one-off” matters and helping them find creative and cost-effective solutions to litigation issues.
- Paul has represented the Cboe, Incorporated for nearly two decades in a wide variety of litigation and regulatory matters.He represented CBOE in actions pending both before the Delaware Chancery Court and the Securities & Exchange Commission related to Cboe’s successful demutualization and conversion into a publicly traded company.CME Group, Inc. v. Chicago Board Options, Exchange, Inc., 2009 WL 1547510 (Del. Ch. 2009). He also has, and continues to, represent Cboe in several complex actions arising under the federal securities laws, antitrust statutes and state securities laws, including matters related to high frequency trading.
- Paul also recently represented a plaintiff in a significant action asserting claims for legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty against a law firm, two of its partners and a private trust company.See Scanlan v. Eisenberg, 669 F.3d 838 (7th Cir. 2012).
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 1992
- Drake University, B.S., B.A., 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Council of Lawyers
- Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, Past Board Chair, Current Board and Executive Committee Member
Rate : $$$