For nearly 30 years, Paul Jakubowski has represented investors, developers and operators in a wide range of real estate transactions and development projects nationwide. His extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law includes joint ventures, acquisitions, developments, leases and financing transactions across a broad spectrum of real estate asset classes.
A notable practitioner, Mr. Jakubowski is a recognized leader in the field of tenant-side headquarters lease transactions and has established a premier company-side practice in Boston, where he serves as the chair of WilmerHale’s Real Estate Practice.
Mr. Jakubowski counts numerous real estate groups among his clients, including REITs, foreign investors in US real estate, national retailers and private equity real estate funds. His practice is national and covers all property types. He works frequently with WilmerHale’s tax, corporate, bankruptcy, financial institutions and litigation groups.
Mr. Jakubowski is a member of the Boston, Massachusetts, and American Bar Associations and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties. He serves on the boards of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce and the urban planning and transportation leader A Better City. He is also a director of the Real Estate Finance Association.
- Kronos Incorporated – 450,000 sf in Lowell, Massachusetts
- Financial services firm (Boston tower, in progress) – 250,000 sf
- SharkNinja (suburban Boston building renovation) – 200,000 sf
- Sale of a $1.2 billion portfolio of structured real estate loans for a German Finance Ministry agency
- Acquisition, financing and development of a $300 million proton therapy center in Manhattan for the acquirer/developer
- Laboratory leasing and related activities for a public life sciences REIT (Boston/Cambridge area)
- Acquisition, redevelopment and expansion of an office park in suburban Boston into a premier 400,000 square foot life sciences campus (represented operator in venture with capital partner, leases to pharma tenants, several financings and sale)
- Acquisition, financing, development and leasing of New York city’s first proton therapy facility, a $350 million project under construction on E. 126th Street in Manhattan.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1988
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1985
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$