Paul A. Jorissen is based in New York and is a practice leader of Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. Paul’s commercial and creative approach to transactional work draws on over 25 years of experience representing clients in a broad range of financing and securities transactions.
The range of his work includes public and private securities offerings, structured finance transactions, analysis and strategic planning for litigation and negotiation of settlements, asset and portfolio sales and mergers and acquisitions.
Paul’s experience with asset types includes commercial and residential mortgages, single family rental properties, equipment and other ABS, esoteric and fintech, risk transfer, and M&A transactions.
Paul is an active participant in the structured finance industry. The following are some of his accomplishments as a thought leader in the industry:
- Member of the Structured Finance Industry Group (SFIG) Editorial Board
- Former practice leader of the Banking & Finance practice and former member of the global Firm Management committee
- Recognized by Chambers from 2008-present. Paul is regarded as a “standout figure for mortgage-backed securities and asset-backed securities, particularly equipment loans and leases”
- Speaker and panelist at ABS, RMBS and CMBS industry events
- Editor of the treatise titled “Securitization of Financial Assets – Real Estate”
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, magna cum laude
- Walsh College, Masters in Taxation, with honors
- Certified Public Accountant, Michigan
- University of Michigan, BBA, with distinction
- New York
- Public and private residential term RMBS securitizations, including a recent acquisition of a non-prime, non-QM residential mortgage loan origination platform and a subsequent repo and RMBS 3.0 securitization financings.
- Institutional investor representation in commercial mortgage collateralized loan obligations (CRE CLO).
- Repo financings of securities and residential and commercial mortgage loans, gestation repos and participation sales, related TBA hedges and netting agreements, and GMRA and MRA forms.
- Whole pool trading of performing, re-performing and non-performing mortgage loans and related servicing and financings.
- Covered bond offerings into the United States and Europe, including the IFLR deal of year for a novel covered bond program featuring government guaranteed mortgage loans.
- The first-ever sale of a large portfolio of single family rental properties followed by a bridge financing and SFR securitization of the retained seller financing note.
- An acquisition of a large private label RMBS portfolio post-GSE settlement and complex provisions for the return of post-acquisition settlement proceeds to the seller.
- Public and private offerings of ABS backed by equipment loan and lease financing and securitizations of heavy equipment, transportation, industrial, commercial, office, shipping and rail road assets.
- The first rated offering of term securities backed by LendingClub consumer loans, representing the underwriter.
- An M&A of a non-prime residential mortgage origination platform, including related regulatory and licensing issues and subordinated debt and financings.
- An M&A of a small business commercial mortgage loan SBC portfolio and related assets, including a simultaneous term securitization financing without a bridge financing facility.
Rate : $$$$