Paul K. Campsen is a member in the firm’s Norfolk office and is the Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights and Business Restructuring Practice Group. He specializes in helping secured and unsecured creditors examine options to recover debt, including bankruptcy, loan workouts and foreclosures.
As counsel for creditors, Paul initiates and defends adversary proceedings, files motions for relief from the stay to allow the creditor to enforce its remedies as a secured creditor and participates in the Chapter 11 plan negotiation and confirmation process.
As a part of the representation, he files proofs of claim on behalf of the creditor in order to protect the creditor’s interest. Paul also represents debtors, giving him insight from both sides of the issues.
- Old Dominion University; B.S., 1972
- Old Dominion University; M.P.A., 1976
- University of Richmond School of Law; J.D., 1978
- American Bar Association; Business Law Section
- Virginia State Bar; Bankruptcy Section; Business Section
- Virginia Bar Association; Bankruptcy Section
- Tidewater Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Rate : $$$