Paul Charlton represents Fortune 500 companies and corporate executives in high-profile complex litigation, internal investigations, and white-collar criminal defense. Once a career prosecutor, and Arizona’s former United States Attorney, Paul is a seasoned trial lawyer with deep roots in the legal community. Paul serves as the managing partner of Steptoe’s Phoenix office, and as an elected member of the firm’s executive committee.
More recently, Paul has successfully defended international corporations and high-net-worth individuals who were the subject of state or federal investigations. In the field of Native American Law, Paul has successfully advocated for Native American tribes and tribal leaders on nationally reported matters.
- Paul serves as the managing partner of Steptoe’s Phoenix office, and as an elected member of the firm’s executive committee.
- Senator John McCain’s Federal Judicial Evaluation Committee (2013-2014, 2017)
- Member, National Board of Visitors, University of Arizona College of Law (2018)
- Board of Directors, Law College Association, University of Arizona College of Law (2013-2017)
- Adjunct Professor, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University (2012-2018)
- Board of Trustees, Brophy College Preparatory (2012-2016)
- District of Arizona Local Rules of Practice Advisory Committee (2012-2016)
- Chair, United States Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel (2014-2015)
- Miembro Honorio, Colegio de Abogados de Caracas
- J.D., University of Arizona College of Law, 1988, Note and Comment Editor, Arizona Law Review
- B.A., University of Arizona, 1983
Rate : $$$