Paul Kjelsberg focuses his practice on the representation of corporate trust departments of banks engaged to provide services involving a wide variety of structures and assets. Additionally, he has experience in derivative products such as credit default swaps, interest rate swaps, and equity derivatives.
Paul has represented financial institutions and service providers on transactions that have included offerings of collateralized loan obligations, collateralized debt obligations, collateralized bond obligations, and synthetic collateralized debt obligations.
In addition, Paul has advised his clients with respect to the rights, remedies and obligations of the parties on numerous distressed and defaulted securitizations, including matters related to liquidation and foreclosure. Paul has also worked on redemptions, amendments, and restructurings of existing transactions.
- Paul has worked on hundreds of securitization and derivative transactions. His representative matters include:
- $600 million asset securitization involving collateralized loan obligation notes secured by a portfolio of leveraged bank loans and high yield bonds.
- $750 million asset securitization involving collateralized debt obligation notes secured by a portfolio of real estate related trust preferred securities and certain other real estate related securities.
- Multi-currency synthetic collateralized debt obligation offering US Dollar and Euro denominated collateralized debt obligation notes.
- Represented parties to complex credit default swap, interest rate swap and equity swap transactions following an Event of Default or Termination Event under ISDA Master Agreements.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- United States Marine Corps (1994-1998)
Professional Affiliations : Member, Structured Finance Industry Group
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2005
- B.B.A., Finance, summa cum laude, The University of Texas at San Antonio, 2002
Admissions : Texas, 2005
Admitted To Practice : U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2005
Rate : $$$