Paul B. La Scala defends corporations in consumer fraud and product liability actions involving pharmaceuticals and medical devices, automobiles, dietary supplements, food and beverages, and other consumer products.
Paul draws on his extensive litigation experience to both protect and promote the reputations of his clients in highly regulated industries. Certified by the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society in medical-device regulatory affairs, Paul frequently counsels companies on business practices subject to intensive government or public scrutiny.
He has also operated as national or local counsel in multidistrict litigation, state coordinated proceedings, class actions and complex litigation throughout the United States.
Specifically in California, Paul has successfully defended his clients against claims involving the Unfair Competition Law, the False Advertising Law and the Consumers Legal Remedies Act. He also defends clients against claims brought under California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act (Proposition 65).
Paul has spoken on the topics of consumer fraud class actions, product labeling, supply chain management and electronic discovery.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 1996
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- B.B.A., University of San Diego, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Western Growers Association, Associate Member
- Orange County Regulatory Affairs Discussion Group
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office, Volunteer Deputy District Attorney (Summer 2003)
- Handled all responsibilities of sworn deputy, including several misdemeanor trials and preliminary hearings, settlement negotiations and case initiation
- Corbin Legal Clinic, Volunteer Deputy District Attorney
- Youth Soccer and Baseball, Assistant Coach
- Medical-Device Regulatory Affairs, Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society
Rate : $$$$