Paul Y. Lee is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Professional Liability Practice. In addition to his professional liability practice, Paul has a diverse background litigating a wide variety of complex tort matters and business disputes.
He has successfully litigated various product liability and toxic tort cases that involve a variety of products, including chemicals, pharmaceuticals, consumer products and industrial equipment.
He also has successfully handled numerous high stakes matters involving breach of contract, unfair competition, fraud, commercial claims and business torts. Many of Paul’s cases have resulted in judgments in favor of his clients.
Paul serves as an Arbitrator for the Orange County Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program, and Board Member of the Orange County Korean American Bar Association. In his free time, he enjoys his family, travel, and daily walks with Juneau, a handsome husky.
- University of Pennsylvania, Juris Doctor
- Washington University in St. Louis, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts,
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Orange County Bar Association, Tort & Trials and Business Litigation Sections
- Orange County Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program, Arbitrator
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association, Board Member
Representative Matters :
- Successfully defended manufacturer of automated parking gate arm system in four separate injury lawsuits resulting in outright dismissals of two of the suits and favorable settlements of the others. Following successful outcomes in the first three matters, the client retained Paul for a fourth matter even though the case was filed outside California.
- Achieved dismissal of defendant client in a consolidated toxic tort action involving approximately 200 plaintiffs pursuant to a successful demurrer based on statute of limitations grounds. The dismissal was upheld by the California Court of Appeal.
- Obtained dismissals of multiple products liability actions following successful motions to quash service of summonses and complaints, including attempted service of process against two German clients.
- Obtained voluntary dismissals of multiple products liability cases, including ones brought against a pharmaceutical manufacturer and industrial equipment manufacturer, after summary judgment motions were filed.
- Obtained judgment in favor of a publicly traded environmental remediation firm charged with negligent cleanup of hydrocarbon contamination. Plaintiff appealed but the California Court of Appeal affirmed the judgment.
- Obtained judgment in favor of a Fortune 500 client involving the interpretation of the Uniform Commercial Code which established new precedent and resulted in a published federal court opinion addressing the negotiation of a forged instrument.
- Obtained judgment in favor of defendant client in a multimillion dollar breach of contract action after complex litigation which included a deposition in Italy pursuant to the Hague Convention.
Rate : $$$$