Paul Michael Lurie in his 50 years of practice has been business and legal counsel for major owners, developers, and design and construction firms. His experience includes providing counsel and advocacy for contract negotiation and dispute avoidance and resolution. Paul consistently has the highest ratings from all the major legal peer review services.
Paul’s ability to get deals done and disputes resolved stems from his broad knowledge, of the law and business practices of real estate, design, environmental and construction industries.
Paul is an active arbitrator and mediator of the large complex panels of the American Arbitration Association and is a member of its Master Mediation Panel. He is also a member of the CPR neutral panels. He has a particular focus to reduce the time and expenses of using arbitration and mediation.
Since its founding 20 years ago his 700-member Mediate and Arbitrate Listserv is a premier educational resource following legal developments in arbitration and mediation and was the basis for the AAA President’s Award. He is a leader of the worldwide Guided Choice Dispute Resolution Interest group that is improving the mediation process to reduce the time and expense of resolving business disputes.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1965
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1962
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, Section of Dispute Resolution, Section of Litigation, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Illinois State Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Construction Law Special Committee
- International Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section, Arbitration Committee, Mediation Committee
- Chicago Bar Association, Real Estate Committee
- Chicago Council of Lawyers
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR Institute), Construction Advisory Committee, Arbitration Committee
- American Arbitration Association, National Construction Dispute Resolution Committee, Member
- Construction Contracts Law Report (Thomson/West), Editorial Board Member
- ASCE Journal for the Performance of Constructed Facilities, Editorial Board Public Member
- ASCE Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, Editorial Board Public Member
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Northlight Theater, Skokie, Ill., Former long time General Counsel
- The Family Institute, Northwestern University, Board of Trustees, Former Chair, Executive Committee, Former Member, Life Trustee
Rate : $$$$