With more than two decades of experience, E. Paul Quinn represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in leveraged acquisitions and dispositions, corporate governance, and restructurings.
Paul also represents management teams in employment and compensation arrangements, distressed-focused private equity funds in acquisitions in bankruptcy court and out-of-court processes; and private equity and venture capital funds in minority growth equity investments. Ranked by Chambers USA, he is commended by peers who note that “he is very commercial in his negotiation style.”
Enhancing his understanding of clients’ needs and businesses, prior to practicing law, Paul was a certified public accountant with Arthur Andersen, where he provided auditing and tax services to clients in the healthcare, financial services, technologies, and manufacturing sectors.
Notable Work :
- LBO’s: Represented H.I.G. Capital in the acquisition of over 50 Outback Steakhouse restaurants from T-Bird Restaurant Group and a subsequent add-on acquisition of 45 restaurants from Outback Steakhouse of Florida.
- AE Industrial Partners: Represented private equity firm’s portfolio company, BHI Energy, Inc., in the acquisition of D&D Power
- Arlington Capital: Represented private equity firm in the acquisition and sale of Advanced Health Media, a healthcare sales and marketing services.
- Bain Capital: Represented one of the world’s leading multi-asset alternative investment firms in multiple transactions, including:
- Acquisition of Anthony Crane Rental, a construction crane rental provider
- Acquisition of Bentley’s Luggage, a retailer of luggage and travel accessories
- Bayside Capital: Represented credit-oriented private equity firm in multiple acquisition and sales transactions, including:
- Acquisition of Gemini Air Cargo, an air cargo service
- Acquisition of Gienow Windows & Doors, a maker of windows and doors
- Acquisition and sale of Protocol Services, a telephone call center
- BMO Nesbitt Burns: Represented investment advisory firm in the acquisition and sale of Hand Tools International, a distributor of hand tools.
- Brockway Moran & Partners: Represented private equity firm in multiple transactions, including:
- Acquisition of DCS Cooking Systems, a maker of outdoor gas appliances
- Acquisition of Pennant Foods, a Wendy’s restaurant franchisees
- Code, Hennesey, Simmons: Represented Chicago-based private equity firm in the acquisition of National Picture & Frame, a maker of picture frames and related products.
- First Chicago Equity : Represented private equity investors in multiple acquisitions, including:
- Acquisition of Garrett Aviation Services, an aviation services company
- Acquisition of Linc-Net Roll-Up (10 separate companies), a provider of telecommunication infrastructure services
- H.I.G. Capital: Represented middle market-focused private equity firm and its portfolio companies in multiple transactions, including:
- Acquisition of Raymond Express International, a logistics provider specializing in transportation solutions
- Acquisition of Progrexion Holdings, Inc., a marketing and information services business serving the consumer credit information sector.
- Acquisition of bedding and mattress manufacturer, American Bedding.
- Purchase of a controlling interest in social security disability advocates, Binder & Binder.
- Acquisition of advertising and marketing services company, Halo Branded Solutions.
- Acquisition of Laser-Pacific Media Corporation, an Emmy Award winning Hollywood post-production facility, and subsidiary of Eastman Kodak Company.
- Acquisition of Signature Aluminum, a maker of aluminum products, and its acquisition of Werner Aluminum
- Liberty Partners: Represented private equity firm in the acquisition of Polaris Pool Systems, a maker of pool products.
- Saunders Karp & Megrue: Represented private equity firm in multiple acquisition and sale transactions, including:
- Acquisition of Café Rio, a Mexican restaurant chain
- Sale of Applied Tech Products, a maker of products for the cosmetic industry
- Acquisition and sale of Spectrum Laboratory Network, a provider of clinical laboratory testing and services
- Sale of Encompass Home Health, a home health services company
- Summit Partners: Represented global investment firm in multiple acquisitions, including:
- Acquisition of AlphaSmart, a maker of computers for schools
- Acquisition of Aspec Technology, a semi-conductor products and services provider
- Acquisition of Netcom Systems, a provider of network installation and services
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1991, Virginia Tax Review, Editor-in-Chief
- B.B.A., University of Iowa, Accounting, 1986, with high distinction
Bar Admissions : Florida; Illinois; New York
Rate : $$$$