Paul J. Rupprecht is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the General Liability and Insurance Law Practices. Mr. Rupprecht has been able to practice in diverse areas of the legal profession due to his engineering, operations, and legal experiences.
He has defended clients in industries such as aviation, oil and gas, transportation and medical devices on matters including property loss, personal injury, wrongful death, product defect, fire and explosion, and premises liability.
By combining law and science, Paul has been very successful in resolving most of his matters with great outcomes for his clients. Mr. Rupprecht previously practiced at boutique aviation and insurance defense law firms.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Paul was a senior systems engineer at Lockheed Martin Space Systems of Denver, Colorado, where he was the team lead of the launch vehicle and satellite readiness and ground systems engineering teams.
Before working at Lockheed Martin, Paul was an instructor and evaluator pilot at United Airlines and honorably served in the U.S Air Force Reserves at the Chicago and Colorado Springs units.
In addition to practicing as a litigation attorney, Paul acted as general counsel for a developing aircraft charter services company by addressing employment, workers’ compensation, corporate transactions and resolutions, litigation and settlement actions.
Mr. Rupprecht volunteers his time as scoutmaster, merit badge counselor, and shooting sports instructor for a Scout Troop and committee member and adviser at a Venture Crew.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2010
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, 1985
- State Bar Admissions, Colorado
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court,
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel
Representative Matters :
- Represented a brazed aluminum heat exchanger manufacturer in a subrogation matter against a $20M dispute due to alleged loss of production and property damages resulting in a stipulated dismissal by opposing party.
- Represented decedent pilot’s estate against wrongful death claims by decedent occupants’ families resulting in total defense verdict.
- Represented at trial and on appeal food manufacturer against personal injury claims from pulmonary dysfunction allegedly due to manufacturer’s failure to warn the harmful effects of inhaling butter flavoring ingredient, which resulted in a reasonable settlement.
- Represented medical device manufacturers against claims of defective manufacturing of portable oxygen concentrators and generators resulting in no or low settlement amounts on behalf of clients.
- Represented a petroleum field services company in defense against personal injury claims by field workers of another entity injured during an explosion of a 300-barrel condensate tank during cleaning operations resulting in a shared defendants’ settlement.
- Represented client electronic navigation device manufacturer against alleged defective product manufacture resulting in dismissal due to causation of fire determined as other defendant’s defective product manufacture of its bus module against water penetration.
- Represented plaintiff tenant against landlord due to personal injuries caused by rental property not properly electrically grounded resulting in substantial settlement to client.
Rate : $$$$