An attorney for 29 years, Paul S. Mazeski has spent his legal career as a commercial litigator representing companies in employment and workers’ compensation matters and in general business disputes. In recent years, Paul has served as general counsel for businesses in the construction, manufacturing, and food and beverage industries.
As acting general counsel to companies that do not have in-house law departments, Paul utilizes his years of trial experience to defend businesses against lawsuits and counsels them on risk management techniques.
Additionally, Paul advises businesses on the benefits and risks of buying and selling assets and negotiates legal transactions with other business entities or government agencies on behalf of his clients.
Among the diverse matters Paul has successfully handled for his clients, he has:
- Represented a food and beverage supplier in a labor arbitration dispute involving the interpretation of the labor agreement and whether the employer had the right to modify work rules during the course of a contract.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a national corporation in a dispute involving an alleged trademark infringement. Plaintiff claimed monetary damages in excess of $1 million dollars. The jury dismissed the case finding there was no inappropriate infringement.
- Represented employer in alleged discrimination action and secured Summary Judgment in favor of employer.
- Represented company as counsel in commercial divesture transaction.
Paul has also advised companies concerning potential liability exposures involving insurance coverage disputes, including participation in initial investigations and negotiations with insurance carriers to attempt to resolve coverage disputes.
- University of Akron, J.D., 1989
- University of Richmond, B.A., 1985, Economics
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Rate : $$$$