Paul West concentrates his practice in the area of gaming law. Mr. West represents casino owners, operators, suppliers and financiers in all areas of gaming law, from regulatory to transactional to litigation.
He also has experience advising local governments on gaming issues. Mr. West is a seasoned commercial litigator, and has handled numerous jury trials involving substantial damages and issues.
Mr. West served as 2010 President of the International Association of Gaming Advisors and is an adjunct professor at Louisiana State University where he teaches Introduction to Gaming Law at the Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
He is a shareholder in the Firm’s Baton Rouge office. Mr. West was previously head of the Gaming Law Section at McGlinchey Stafford for over 15 years.
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., 1980 (Phi Kappa Phi)
- Louisiana State University, MBA, 2005
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 1977
- Louisiana (1980)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (1981)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana (1981)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana (1983)
- $100 million acquisition of a casino, together with all regulatory approvals and local real estate and financing details.
- Obtained local approvals for national casino owner of multiple financing transactions.
- Obtained license renewals for riverboat projects in Louisiana.
- Represented buyer in a casino acquisition in Bossier City Louisiana. Obtained all regulatory approvals and handled all Louisiana corporate issues.
- Louisiana counsel to Nevada gaming corporation in its $2.0 billion credit facility.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Listed as Tier 1 attorney in Chambers USA in the area of Gaming & Licensing since 2010
- President – The International Association of Gaming Advisors (2010)
- Past President – Baton Rouge Bar Association; and member of the Board of Directors (1988 – 2000)
- Member – Baton Rouge Bar Foundation Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$