Paul H. Saint-Antoine is an experienced litigator and best known for his work defending companies sued under the federal and state antitrust laws. He co-chairs the firm’s Antitrust Group.
In addition to his experience in federal civil enforcement actions, Paul has represented a broad range of businesses in private antitrust litigation, extending to products and services in the pharmaceutical, computer, software, paper, telecommunications, energy, transportation, insurance and healthcare sectors.
Paul has also counseled clients on a comprehensive set of antitrust issues, and he has regularly served as an antitrust monitor at trade association meetings. Much of his counseling work concerns intellectual property, and Paul has frequently provided antitrust advice related to IP licensing and standard setting.
Antitrust : Paul has litigated a wide range of antitrust disputes, covering charges of price fixing, price discrimination, monopolization and attempted monopolization, unlawful tying and bundling, anticompetitive distribution agreements, unlawful patent settlements, group boycotts, and unlawful merger and acquisition agreements.
- Counsel to a large health care company and liaison counsel for defendants in an antitrust class action involving allegations of price fixing. In July 2018, the district court granted preliminary approval to a class action settlement. In re Blood Reagents Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.).
- Co-counsel to pharmaceutical company and liaison counsel for defendants in antitrust class action involving claims of anticompetitive patent settlements brought by direct and indirect purchasers of cholesterol medication. In re Niaspan Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.).
- Counsel for plaintiff wireless phone manufacturer in antitrust monopolization claim, alleging anticompetitive conduct by holder of patents declared to be essential to certain cellular standards. Settled. Microsoft Mobile, Inc., et al. v. InterDigital, Inc., et al. (D. Del.).
- Counsel to a distributor of dental products in antitrust class action stemming from a DOJ enforcement action. The case involved allegedly unlawful exclusive distribution agreements. In re Dentsply Antitrust Litigation (D. Del.). Dismissal affirmed by Third Circuit.
- Counsel for trade association in antitrust action alleging unlawful exclusionary conduct. Settled. IDT Corporation, et al. v. Building Owners and Manager Association International, et al. (D.N.J.).
- Counsel for hospital system and affiliated ambulance service in Section 1 tying and monopolization case. Offer of judgment accepted by the plaintiff. Med Alert Ambulance Inc. v. Atlantic Health System Inc., et al. (D.N.J.).
Class Actions : The firm has extensive experience in class action litigation throughout the country, and Paul has served as defense counsel in some of the largest antitrust class actions in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and District of Delaware.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1989
- Kenyon College, A.B., 1986, summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$