Paul Schuster focuses on a wide variety of litigation matters. Paul has extensive experience in securities litigation, antitrust, insurance coverage, appeals, arbitration, real estate, and general civil litigation. He has represented clients in a variety of complex commercial disputes in the health care, financial, transportation, real estate, insurance and other industries.
These include lawsuits and arbitrations involving contractual disputes, statutory violations, industry regulations, business torts, class actions and many other legal issues.
- Defended National Distributor in lawsuit brought by competitor asserting per se antitrsut vioaltions
- Represented international telecommunications equipment provider in suit against former customers in dispute involving various cellular markets
- Defended national and international freight forwarder in challenge to payment software used on nation-wide basis. Resolved many disputes prior to arbitration and tried multiple matters through multi-week hearings with favorable awards. Defended and resolved a nationwide class action arbitration challenging payment software
- Represented licensee in pursuing indemnification from software and hardware provider related to underlying patent infringement suit
- Represented financial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software provider in suit by customer related to cancelled implementation
- Represented hospitals in antitrust suits where physicians were alleging anticompetitive conduct and various antitrust allegations
- Represented property owner in disputes with general contractor, subcontractor and architects relating to construction defects
- Represented management, special committee members and buyer clients in tender offers and mergers challenged by shareholders
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, L.L.P.
- Law Clerk, Honorable Joseph T. Sneed, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, San Francisco, Calif.
Professional Affiliations :
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., with high honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1992
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 1989
Admissions: Texas; U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$