Paul J. Shim is member of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Paul Shim’s practice focuses on public and private merger and acquisition transactions. Paul joined the firm in 1987 and became a partner in 1996.
He also provides advice regarding governance matters and the fiduciary duties of officers and directors to corporations and their boards.
He repeatedly has been recognized by the business and legal press for his work on behalf of clients, including twice being named a “Dealmaker of the Year” by The American Lawyer.
- American Express Company in a wide range of strategic transactions; select matters include the formation of its Global Business Travel joint venture; its acquisition of Loyalty Partner; and various co-branded credit card programs.
- Cohu in its acquisition of Xcerra.
- Entegris in its acquisition of the pure gas business of SAES Getters.
- Surgical Care Affiliates in its $2.5 billion combination with OptumCare.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company in its $5.2 billion acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals.
- Allergan in its announced merger with Pfizer, and Actavis in its $70.5 billion white knight acquisition of Allergan.
- Acadia Healthcare in its $1.175 billion acquisition of CRC Health Group.
- Special Committee of Spectrum Brands Holdings in its $10 billion merger with HRG Group.
- TPG Capital in a diverse array of transactions; select matters include its acquisition of RCN and Grande Communications; sale of Travelocity to Expedia by Sabre Holdings Corporation; investment in Uber; acquisition of DTZ and Cushman & Wakefield; acquisition and subsequent sale to Rite Aid of Envision Pharmaceutical Services; acquisition of Primedia and Primedia’s subsequent acquisition of eBay’s Rent.com; and acquisition of a majority interest in Creative Artists Agency.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, S.B., 1984
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, S.M., 1984
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts: Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$$