Mr. Paul J. Sievers’ diverse practice focuses on helping clients find practical and cost-effective solutions to complicated business disputes and transactions. His practice also extends to representations before the Federal and State Appellate Courts.
Mr. Sievers brings to bear nearly twenty-five years of litigation, appellate and transactional experience gleaned in diverse settings, but he specializes in representing and counseling insurance policy holders, parties in commercial litigation and transactions, and real estate owners, lenders and lessees in both transactional and litigation representations.
He has developed considerable experience in the coverages available under all types of insurance policies, real estate title issues, including title insurance, appellate practice, and lending secured by both real and personal property.
Mr. Sievers works with a diverse spectrum of clients, both large and small, in industries ranging from real estate development to business finance to e-commerce. His clients have included institutional lenders, landlords, developers, bankruptcy trustees, building tradesmen, financial brokers, directors and officers of corporations, and manufacturers and distributors of goods.
Mr. Sievers is a former Chairman of the Insurance Law Section of the Orange County Bar. He has spoken at continuing legal education programs on insurance, insolvency, ethics and various litigation topics.
- Consulted with counsel for plaintiffs on insurance coverage issues in countless cases ranging from sexual molestation, products liability and construction defects.
- Represented real estate developer in obtaining policy benefits for hillside collapse. Succeeded in obtaining over $12 million toward settlement of homeowners’ claims.
- Represented officer of bankrupt corporation against claims of malfeasance by creditors. Succeeded in settling claims with debtor’s policy benefits at no cost to client.
- Represented officer and shareholder of dissolved corporation against claim by large multi-national lender on pre-dissolution debt. Obtained dismissal of action and payment of all fees. Judgment and fee award upheld on appeal.
- Represented tenant on long-term ground lease in action brought by lessor to adjust rent. Succeeded in obtaining complete judgment for client and award of fees. Judgment and fee award upheld on appeal.
- Represented homeowners in claim against insurer for water-related subsidence damages. Obtained complete settlement for clients in excess of policy limits.
- Represented joint tenant against quiet title and partition action brought by co-tenant. Obtained judgment of dismissal for client.
- Represented insurance broker in action for fraud and breach of contract. Obtained dismissal of claims.
- Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, Order of the Coif, Cum Laude in 1991.
- Masters in Public Administration, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California, Irvine, California
Rate : $$$