Paul H. Sousa focuses his practice on trademark and brand protection issues. He has experience in all aspects of trademark practice, including domestic and international trademark clearance, portfolio management, prosecution, counseling, licensing, domain names, and enforcement.
Further, he has experience with trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in federal court. Paul’s clients vary from a wide range of industries including software, technology, consumer electronics, finance, food and beverage, and entertainment.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul worked as an associate in the San Francisco, California office of a national law firm where he focused his practice on trademark and intellectual property matters.
Previously, he was an associate in both the San Francisco and Palo Alto, California offices of an international law firm where his practice focused on trademark counseling for some of the largest brands in the world.
Outside of his legal career, Paul volunteers for various causes, including LGBT civil rights. After the passage of Proposition 8 in California, for example, Paul co-founded an LGBT civil rights non-profit organization, and has subsequently spoken on national and international news networks discussing LGBT civil rights.
- Boston College Law School, J.D. (2012)
- Northeastern University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering Technology, Minors in Business Administration and Law, Policy, and Society (2009) cum laude, Dean’s List, Massachusetts Gilbert Award
- California (2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$