Paul F. Van Houten’s practice focuses on representing private equity sponsors in connection with their investments in a wide variety of industries, including technology, retail, consumer products and professional and financial services.
In addition to providing transaction related advice to fund sponsors, Paul represents advisors in connection with internal matters and fundraising activities. Paul regularly works with Gridiron Capital, Lineage Capital, TSG Consumer Partners, Mason Wells, Natixis Global Asset Management and Gordon Brothers.
Paul also represents operating companies with a particular focus on investment management and other professional services firms, on a variety of legal matters including corporate governance matters, employment issues and management incentive arrangements and significant corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, recapitalizations and refinancings.
- JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 1992; Associate Editor of the American Criminal Law Review
- BA, cum laude, Georgetown University, 1988
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2001
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Board of Trustees, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater New England Chapter
- Board of Trustees, Fenn School
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners its acquisition of Planet Fitness, an operator of health clubs.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its sale of Gardein, a provider of protein food products.
- Represented 3i Group in its strategic transaction with Fraser Sullivan, a privately owned investment manager.
- Represented Natixis Global Asset Management in connection with its acquisition of McDonnell Investment Management, LLC, a privately owned investment manager.
- Represented Siguler Guff & Co., an alternative investment manager, in connection with the sale of a minority stake to Bank of New York Mellon.
- Represented Monitor Company Group through multiple restructurings and refinancings, culminating in a successful sale of the business to Deloitte in a 63 bankruptcy sale.
- Represented Gridiron Capital in connection with the raising of Gridiron Capital Fund, L.P., Gridiron Strategic Advisors Fund, L.P., Gridiron Capital Fund II, L.P. and Gridiron Strategic Advisors Fund II, L.P.
Rate : $$$