Paul W. Gerhardt is the Managing Director of Kaufman & Canoles’ Richmond office as well as a member of the firm’s Williamsburg office. He serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Strategies Group and Health Care Group.
Paul represents owners, lenders and developers in all aspects of real estate related transactions, including land use and entitlements, sales, purchases, leasing, construction and financing, and loan workouts and restructuring.
As a member of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group, Paul also leads the Senior Housing and Care Team at Kaufman & Canoles and has extensive experience serving the unique needs of developers and owners and operators of senior housing and long-term care facilities.
He provides legal counsel with the day-to-day operational needs and the intermittent transactional needs of his clients, which include for-profit and nonprofit developers, owners and operators of independent living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing facilities. Additionally, Paul serves as General Counsel to a leading continuing care retirement community operator.
- Washington & Lee University; B.A., 1979
- Washington & Lee University School of Law; J.D., cum laude, 1984
- James City County Economic Development Authority; former Director, 2008-2018; Chairman, 2012-2013
- Williamsburg Health Foundation; Member, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee; Chair, Governance and Nominating Committee
- Hampton Roads Association of Commercial Real Estate (HRACRE); Past President, 2002, President’s Council
- Williamsburg Community Foundation; former Trustee, 2012-2018; Chair, Board of Directors, 2016-2018
- Advises clients in the acquisition, development and financing of commercial and residential properties such as shopping centers, hospitality properties, planned communities, office buildings, hotels, mixed-use properties, assisted living facilities and industrial properties
- Counseled client in the acquisition and development of healthcare-based community and creation of a community development authority supported with tax-exempt financing
- Serves as General Counsel to a leading Continuing Care Retirement Community and counsels clients in the area of senior continuing care and housing
- Counsels borrowers and lenders in project construction, financing and loan restructuring transactions
Rate : $$$