Paula Burlison focuses her practice in the areas of commercial litigation, business torts, and dealer franchise litigation. She has diverse litigation experience, having handled a variety of cases involving chemical products and substances, including asbestos, carbon monoxide, spray polyurethane foam insulation, as well as cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Ms. Burlison has experience defending complex cases involving allegations of catastrophic injury and wrongful death. She has represented clients within the automotive, construction, retail, and consumer product industries in state and federal courts throughout the United States, including the widely publicized unintended acceleration litigation on behalf of a motor vehicle manufacturer.
She has also handled cases for manufacturers of construction products such as corrugated stainless steel tubing, roof system components, and synthetic stucco.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD, cum laude (2008)
- Columbia College, BA, summa cum laude, cum honore (2000)
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
Previous Professional Experience:
- Previously worked as a litigation attorney at a national product liability litigation firm with an emphasis on cases involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death
- Prior to becoming an attorney, worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs in Columbia, SC as a Veterans Service Representative and then a Management Analyst
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$