Paula Rothenberger counsels national property developers, owners, investors and lenders in commercial real estate transactions involving office, retail, multifamily and mixed-use properties. She also represents public utilities in the acquisition and disposition of property rights for renewable and other energy projects.
Paula brings to clients her extensive experience in complex commercial real estate transactions, especially in matters involving multi-property portfolios, joint venture relationships, or challenging title or survey issues.
Her deal management and negotiation skills efficiently move transactions from concept to closing. In her commercial real estate practice, Paula:
- Prepares and negotiates real estate purchase and sale agreements and all documents needed for closing the subject transactions, including letters of intent, escrow agreements, right-of-entry agreements, title objection letters and responses, deeds, assignments, settlement statements, estoppels, releases, owner’s affidavits, and other closing documents.
- Reviews and summarizes the issues in real property title and survey documents, and negotiates solutions to complicated title and survey issues such as encroachments, heir property and reciprocal easement agreements.
- Assists utility company agents in negotiating utility easements with individual landowners working within the limits of the company’s required form.
- Negotiates real estate finance documents on behalf of either borrowers or lenders, and prepares all documents needed for loan closings, including estoppels, opinion letters and organizational documents.
In her pro bono work, Paula represents survivors of domestic violence in their temporary protective order hearings and serves with the Georgia Appleseed Juvenile Justice Code Assessment Project.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a national commercial real estate investor/developer in the disposition of a distressed asset consisting of a 138-acre urban, mixed-use development project with a complex ownership structure.
- Advised a regional commercial real estate investor/developer in the acquisition of a 15-property portfolio totaling more than 2 million square feet of developed retail, office and industrial space.
- Provided strategic analysis of real estate issues involved in the acquisition and leasing of multi-property sites to be developed as renewable energy projects.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Advocates for Students With Disabilities, Georgia Bar
- Assistant Precinct Manager, Cherokee County Board of Elections
- Parent Volunteer, Special Olympics Georgia
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009, Research Associate Editor, Georgia State University Law Review
- Kennesaw State University, Paralegal Certificate Program, 2003
- Brenau Women’s College, B.F.A., cum laude, 1997
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$