Paulette Brown is a member of the labor & employment practice group of Locke Lord LLP and is the Immediate Past President of the American Bar Association. Throughout her career, she has held a number of positions, including in-house counsel to a number of Fortune 500 companies and as a Municipal Court Judge.
For the past 30 years, Paulette has engaged in the private practice of law, focusing on all facets of labor and employment and commercial litigation. She has defended employers in cases involving discrimination on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual harassment, disability, race and national origin.
Paulette has received results in class action employment discrimination cases based upon race and wage and hour claims. She is also experienced in all aspects of workplace training and collective bargaining.
Paulette litigates in both federal and state courts, as well as arbitration forums for both unionized and non-union employees. She is a certified mediator for the United States District Court, District of New Jersey and a member of the Employment AAA Panel.
Paulette is a frequent lecturer on labor and employment issues and issues related to electronic discovery and serves as Chair of the Labor and Employment Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She is also a member of the College of Labor & Employment Lawyer and American Law Institute.
Representative Experience :
- Obtained a ruling sustaining the termination in an arbitration concerning the termination of a union employee for a major manufacturer
- Obtained a settlement on behalf of a major service provider in an unfair labor practices matter concerning union organizing before the NLRB
- Obtained a TRO and preliminary injunction against the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey on behalf of a rental car company in an airport taxing matter
- Reached a nominal settlement on behalf of employer for all class members in a class action employment matter filed by the EEOC
- Achieved summary judgment as to all claims asserted against a large manufacturer of medical equipment in a tortious interference matter
- Achieved summary judgment for an employer with respect to all plaintiffs, despite alleged inappropriate comments such as references to attendance at “nude” beaches and comments related to plaintiffs’ physical attributes in consolidated sexual harassment cases
Professional Affiliations :
- Past President, American Bar Association
- Fellow, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- Member, American Law Institute
- Chair, Labor & Employment Section, NJ State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1976
- B.A., Howard University, 1973
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Rate : $$$$