Pauline P. Jaturongpanich is an intellectual property associate in the Technology Transactions and Outsourcing Group in Los Angeles. Her practice is focused on intellectual property, technology transactions, and digital media.
In her intellectual property practice, Pauline provides clients with strategies to protect, strengthen, and maximize their intellectual property rights and provides complex intellectual property advice for business transactions, addressing issues such as chain of title, assignability of IP licenses, and the copyright termination right.
Pauline has significant experience in structuring and drafting trademark and copyright licensing agreements, product licensing and distribution agreements, and endorsement/influencer agreements for celebrity talent.
She provides counsel to entertainment and corporate clients regarding the best manner in which to hold, sell, or license their intellectual property and rights of publicity.
In her technology transactions and outsourcing practice, Pauline works with major corporate customers and start-up companies, as well as technology and outsourcing vendors. She has successfully negotiated transactions involving payroll processing providers, IT and software providers, data processors, and software developers.
In her digital media and advertising practice, in addition to her work with endorsement and influencer agreements, Pauline works with advertising networks, advertisers, and publishers to provide advice regarding legal compliance and best practices.
This includes drafting and reviewing lead generation agreements, privacy statements, terms and conditions of use, website development agreements, online hosting agreements, and other types of licensing agreements.
- Representing a doctor-founded, prestige skincare company in multiple transactional matters, including international product distribution agreements and celebrity influencer agreements
- Advising multiple companies in the fitness marketplace in transactional matters, including the negotiation of software-as-a-service agreements
- Represented Guthy-Renker LLC in the 2016 sale of a majority interest of its worldwide Proactiv business, the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand, to Nestlé Skin Health
- Advising a rapper, singer, songwriter, producer, and actor in the negotiation of his brand ambassador relationship with a private equity fund
- Representing a national movie theater brand in the negotiation of commercial agreements with movie ticket exhibitors and other commercial partners.
- J.D. UCLA School of Law 2013
- B.A. International Development Studies, magna cum laude UCLA 2007
Bar Admissions : California
During law school, Pauline was a legal intern at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Office of the Chief Counsel, where she had an opportunity to litigate on behalf of the government in immigration proceedings.
As a result, Pauline is actively involved in the firm’s pro bono initiatives and spends her spare time assisting with pro bono immigration cases. In addition, she currently serves on the Advisory Board of the Los Angeles chapter of the Licensing Executives Society as the Programming Chair.
Rate : $$$$