Payson Coleman represents high-net-worth individuals, family offices and foundations in a wide variety of estate planning, family office and trust administration, and tax residency matters.
Payson advises clients on efficiently acquiring and managing family assets, including real estate, aircraft and alternative investments with special emphasis on hedge funds and private equity funds.
He has had a long career representing aircraft financiers and individuals in commercial and business aircraft acquisition, leasing and finance and continues to work with the Firm’s Transportation Finance team on such matters. He has served and serves on several for-profit and not-for-profit boards and investment committees.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented buyers of three new Bombardier Global 6000 aircraft, including financing, setting up flight department, hangar space and maintenance departments.
- Acting as trustee for high-net-worth families and managing governance and investment management issues.
- Serving as chairman of a not-for-profit with large investment portfolio, multiple investment advisors and fund managers.
- Serving as a director of international not-for-profit conservation organization based in Africa, including as a director of its for-profit subsidiary involved in raising “socially conscious” capital for investment in Africa.
- Representation of Fortune 50 purchaser of multiple new Gulfstream aircraft and sale of used business aircraft.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1976
- B.A., Williams College, 1972
ADMISSIONS : Florida, New York
Rate : $$$