Pedro E. Hernandez focuses his practice in the areas of insurance coverage litigation, commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation, and construction litigation. In addition, he represents insurers in commercial class actions in multidistrict litigation courts throughout the country. Pedro has tried several cases through verdict.
He also litigates complex commercial matters, including disputes involving Fortune 100/500 companies. Pedro joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in August 2007. Prior to joining Hinshaw, he worked for a construction law national firm. In addition to his practice, Pedro serves as a member of the firm’s Mentoring Committee and Hinshaw’s Hispanic Network.
Representative Matters :
- Tarragon Stoneybrook Apartments, LLC v. Summit Contractors, Inc., et al, in the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial Circuit and for Orange County, Florida. Case Number 2006-CA-010888 (Div. 32– Business Court) (vacated a $10 million dollar ($13 million dollars with interest) judgment against insured and national carrier)
- Trovillion Construction & Development, Inc. v. Mid-Continent Casualty Company and Casa Jardin Condominium Association, Inc., 2014 WL 201678 (MD Florida, January 17, 2014) (no coverage for a $1.8 million consent judgment for failure to allocate)
- Chinese Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation (E.D. La. MDL No. 2047) (represented two major carriers in the litigation and in the $1 billion global settlement)
- Hermitage Ins. Co. v. Jack L. Hamilton Constr., Inc., Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Lee County, Florida, Case No. 08-CA-023245 (motion to dismiss, with prejudice, in favor of the carrier based on designated work exclusion)
- J.D., Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law, 2006
- B.A., History, Ramapo College of New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida
Rate : $$$$