Perie Reiko Koyama is a litigation associate in the Washington DC office. Reiko focuses her practice on class actions, consumer protection issues, data breaches, and other complex commercial litigation. She began her legal career as a judicial law clerk in federal district court.
Reiko represents and counsels a wide array of clients in various civil matters including consumer class actions, data breach litigation, labeling and false advertising, contract disputes, and antitrust.
Prior to joining the firm, Reiko served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable George J. Hazel in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. As a former clerk, Reiko uses strong research and writing abilities to advocate for clients before, during, and after litigation.
Reiko maintains an active pro bono practice and has previously represented indigent criminal defendants at trial and prisoners seeking post-conviction relief. Reiko also advocates for diversity and inclusion efforts for women and people of color in the legal field and beyond.
Reiko is admitted to practice in Maryland, the District of Columbia, the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, and the Fourth Circuit.
- Defended parallel state and federal class actions arising from the largest reported data breach in history, involving sophisticated attacks by state-sponsored hackers.
- Litigated on behalf of sports and fitness apparel manufacturer following wide-scale data breach affecting millions of online users worldwide.
- Represented a major alcoholic beverage producer in a consumer class action involving allegations of false and misleading advertising.
- Defended a lawn and garden care company in two consumer class actions involving allegations of false and misleading advertising.
- Counseled a popular food producer on FDA regulatory and litigation-related issues on product labeling and advertising.
- Defended a school board against claims arising from Title IX, the First Amendment, and the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Prepared filings in matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the Surface Transportation Board.
- Written on a number of subjects including unfair and deceptive trade practices, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, statutes of limitation and tolling, class action settlements, and the attorney-client privilege.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude, 2016
- BA, Brown University, 2011
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- United States District Court, District of Maryland – Southern Division, 2016–2017
Rate : $$$$