Perry M. Bentley is a Member in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Lexington office and has been with the firm since 1984. He serves as Chair of the Tort, Trial & Insurance Services practice and Co-Chair of the Arbitration & Mediation practice. Perry is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Among the highlights of Perry’s career is being named a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, a distinction for trial lawyers who receive a verdict or settlement of one million dollars or more.
Among his multi-million verdicts/settlements wasa seven-week trial that followed an explosion that destroyed his client’s factory. He secured a compensatory award of $122 million, believed to be the largest in Kentucky history.
The verdict included damages for the destruction of the plant and lost profits. The jury also awarded $1.3 million in punitive damages. Prior to practicing law, Perry was a certified public accountant.
Tort, Trial & Insurance Services: Perry focuses on professional negligence (non-medical), personal injury, products liability, fire and explosion, insurance coverage and defense, insurer insolvency/rehabilitation and insurance bad faith. He represents clients in all aspects of litigation, from initial investigation and discovery to trial and appeal..
Arbitration & Mediation: Perry also acts as a mediator in a variety of cases ranging from personal injury to professional negligence and complex business disputes.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 1984, J.D., High Distinction
- University of Kentucky 1979, B.S., High Distinction
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- American College of Trial Lawyers, fellow
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Defense Research
- National Society of Insurance Investigators
- American Association for Justice, associate member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Arlington Christian Church, deacon and Sunday School teacher
- Midway Foundation for Integrative Medicine, board member
- Woodford Youth Soccer Association, former coach and board member
Rate : $$$$