Mr. Perry A. Lange is a litigator who represents clients in diverse antitrust matters before US courts and government agencies, especially cases that involve competitor collaborations, novel distribution arrangements, standard setting, IP licensing and patent misuse.
He has represented companies in the high technology, telecommunications, entertainment, pharmaceutical, energy, manufacturing, financial services and transportation sectors in complex antitrust and IP matters in state court, US district courts and federal appellate courts. Recent cases have involved sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act, state law antitrust and unfair competition claims, as well as patent damages and enforceability.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Lange represents clients in criminal and civil antitrust investigations, and counsels clients on the antitrust implications of business practices such as distribution incentives, advertising restrictions, patent licensing and joint venture formation. He has also secured regulatory clearance for acquisitions before the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission.
Mr. Lange also has an active pro bono practice in which he has represented clients such as a disabled Iraq war veteran, a small business owner and a federal employee in civil rights and benefits matters before US courts, federal agencies and local government.
Earlier in Mr. Lange’s professional career, he worked for seven years in the United States Congress, including as a legislative assistant for a member of the Senate and a legislative director for a member of the House of Representatives. He was also a senior legislative representative for a US civil rights/civil liberties organization.
- Represents a major movie theatre chain in state and federal antitrust litigation over film licensing practices brought by competing theatre owners.
- Represents global oil and gas company in antitrust MDL over alleged manipulation of price reporting agency reports.
- Represents large financial institution in connection with merchant and consumer antitrust litigation concerning the setting of interchange fees.
- Represented large telecommunications manufacturer in antitrust case challenging conduct related to participation in a standards setting organization.
- Represented international airlines in multi-district litigation concerning allegations of price-fixing in the international air cargo and passenger sectors.
- Represented a technology company in securing FTC clearance of a transaction in the mobile internet advertising industry.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2005
- BA, International Relations and Economics, Tufts University, 1996
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Virginia
GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE :
- Federal Legislative Branch, US Senate, Legislative Assistant, Senator Paul Wellstone (D-MN)
- Federal Legislative Branch, US House of Representatives, Legislative Director, Congressman John F. Tierney (D-MA).
Rate : $$$$