Perry is a pragmatic deal lawyer and chair of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. In addition to public and private company mergers and acquisitions, he advises venture capital-backed startups and emerging companies. He knows how to get a deal done in a practical, cost-efficient way. He prefers helping companies in the early days of their business, when they have the opportunity to set things up correctly for an eventual exit with fewer complications and less expense.
He also offers legal and general business counseling in industries including technology, life sciences, aerospace and defense, specialty metals, manufacturing, insurance, media, retail, medical device, eyewear and health care.
Perry is mindful that clients have a business to run, and that doing a deal is not their day job. He works to understand how their business affects legal issues and communicates simply and often (but not too often). He works to make deals predictable and calm.
- University of Maryland, J.D., 1999, with honors
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1995, Literature and Ancient History
- Member, Committee on Legal Opinions, Subcommittees on Private Equity M&A, M&A Jurisprudence, Task Force on Legal Project Management, American Bar Association
- Business Law Section Council, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Title 15/Business Associations Committee of the Section on Business Law, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Venture Capital AssociationAssociation for Corporate Growth
Rate : $$$$