Peter A. Rahaghi is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group. Peter practices in the areas of commercial finance, asset securitization and corporate law. In the course of his commercial finance practice, he has represented industry participants in all aspects of asset-based financings, including syndicated senior secured revolving credit facilities, term loan facilities and multi-seller commercial paper conduit transactions.
Peter is experienced representing global financial institutions, funds and operating companies in secured financings, including secured revolving credit facilities extended to closed-end and open-end funds and hedge funds as well as subscription loan facilities made to private funds secured by the unfunded capital commitments of the fund’s equity investors. In this regard, Peter has been involved in the representation of:
- a global financial institution in the establishment of redemption loan facilities to a complex of open-end funds;
- an investment banking firm in the extension of multiple facilities to finance the purchase of European CLO securities by European CLO managers seeking to comply with risk retention requirements;
- an investment banking firm in a multi-jurisdictional cross-border financing facility to a global food and beverage ingredient conglomerate; and,
- an investment banking firm in the development and purchase of bespoke preferred share products issued by registered closed-end funds for leverage financing purposes.
Peter also has extensive experience in commercial paper financing. He has frequently represented issuers, as well as investment banking firms and registered broker-dealers which act as placement agents, dealers and advisors, in a wide variety of commercial paper financing programs including direct issued, credit supported and asset-backed commercial paper. In this regard, Peter has been involved in the representation of:
- several dealers in connection with the establishment of letter of credit supported U.S. commercial paper programs for Chinese and Hong Kong based manufacturing and shipping companies; and,
- a major oil company in its multi-billion dollar direct-issued U.S. commercial paper program, among other transactions.
His practice also encompasses the representation of clients in both par and distressed secondary market transactions. Peter has been involved in the representation of foreign and domestic investment banking firms, registered broker-dealers, hedge funds, investment advisors and other industry participants in secondary market transactions and assisted those clients with the preparation, negotiation and review of the transaction documents, including due diligence review, as well as providing advice and analysis regarding syndicated credit facilities, security documents, inter-creditor arrangements and other finance documentation.
As part of his asset securitization and structured finance practice, Peter has been involved in structuring, establishing and documenting a number of asset-backed securitization programs, including the structuring and establishment of new commercial paper conduit programs developed in response to the dynamic regulatory and accounting changes that have arisen in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
Peter has also recently been involved in the representation of clients in connection with structuring and documenting receivable facilities and securitization transactions, including securitizations of less traditional asset classes such as mobile device installment contract receivables and mutual fund distribution fees, as well as REMIC and Re-REMIC securitization transactions.
In addition, as part of his corporate law practice, Peter has been involved in the representation of clients engaged in the use of revenue share interests to finance closely held businesses and in the negotiation and documentation of associated transactions.
In the course of this practice he has been involved in the organization, capitalization and financing of several businesses formed to provide financial products to the financial community. He also advises financial institutions, investment funds and managers in connection with a variety of other transactions, financings and general corporate matters.
Rate : $$$