Peter M. Byrne is an associate in the Firm’s Capital Markets practice. Mr. Byrne advises both issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, investment grade and high yield debt offerings and tender and exchange offers.
He also advises companies with respect to SEC reporting obligations, corporate governance and other corporate and securities law matters.
Mr. Byrne has played a significant role on Weil teams advising:
- Eli Lilly and Company in the $1.7 billion initial public offering of its subsidiary Elanco Animal Health Incorporated and Elanco’s related issuance of $2 billion of senior unsecured notes.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Bohai Leasing Co. Limited and part of the HNA Group) in its $3 billion senior unsecured notes offering to, in part, finance its acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group and three other issuances of senior unsecured notes totaling $2.75 billion.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $5.3 billion senior unsecured fixed and floating rate notes offering to, in part, finance its $6.1 billion acquisition of Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of snack food products in the United States.
- Fortress Investment Group LLC, in the $345 million initial public offering of Mosaic Acquisition Corp., a SPAC co-sponsored by Fortress.
- Federal Street Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, the primary focus of which is to acquire and operate a company in the healthcare industry based in North America, in its $460 million initial public offering.
- Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. in its $507 million initial public offering and in over $1 billion of secondary offerings and block trades of common stock.
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company investment of funds affiliated with Advent International) in its $246 million initial public offering, and together with Advent International, as selling shareholder, in over $1 billion secondary offerings of common shares.
- Genworth Financial Inc. in connection with two consent solicitations and general securities matters.
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Byrne was a Capital Markets and M&A associate at leading law firms in New York and Philadelphia.
- New York State
- Seton Hall University (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2002)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2006)
Rate : $$$$