Peter Carson is a partner in the Finance & Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. Carson’s practice is focused on representing U.S. and foreign banks, commercial finance lenders, debt funds, and other institutional lenders.
Peter represents these clients in all aspects of complex secured and unsecured debt financings, including acquisition, senior syndicated, asset-based, mezzanine, second lien, bridge, debtor-in possession, credit enhancement, private placement, leveraged lease and other financings, recapitalizations, and restructurings across a range of industries, such as healthcare, technology, retail, transportation and distribution, media and telecommunications, ski resorts, sport franchises, food and beverage, agriculture, and forest products.
In addition, Peter devotes a substantial portion of his practice to representing buyers, sellers and private equity deal sponsors in various types of merger and acquisition transactions (including mergers involving nonprofits) and to advising institutional lenders, private equity and company clients on Uniform Commercial Code and other commercial law issues.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), 1985
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Past President and Member of Board of Regents, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Opinions Committee of the California Lawyers Association
- Member and Past Chair, Board of Trustees, Earthjustice
- Past Chair, Secured Transactions Subcommittee of the Uniform Commercial Code Committee of the Business Law Section, American BAr Association
- Past Chair, Uniform Commercial Code Committee; Past member, Executive Committee of the Business Law Section, State Bar of California
- Past Member, Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service, American Bar Association; Past Chair Pro Bono Committee of the Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, East Bay Community Law Center
Rate : $$$