Peter D. Houk has dedicated more than 45 years to working in the law, and is a true advocate to those in need. In 2015, 2017 and 2018, he was named “Lawyer of the Year” in Lansing by Best Lawyers for Mediation.
Before joining Fraser Trebilcock as an Arbitration and Mediation attorney, Peter presided as an Ingham Circuit Court Judge for seventeen years, the last ten of which were spent serving as Chief Judge. On the bench, he was twice recognized by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as one of the state’s “Most Respected Judges”.
As an attorney, Peter is unswervingly committed to the best interests of his clients. He arbitrates and mediates disputes with fairness, understanding, and a complete focus on the individuals involved.
- Wayne State University Law School (J.D., 1969)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1966)
Bar & Court Admissions:
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Mason State Bank, Board of Directors Member
- Michigan Judicial Institute lecturer
- Mason Rotary Foundation (Former Board Member)
- American Arbitration Association list of approved mediators and arbitrators for construction and commercial matters and employment law
Rate : $$$$