With significant experience in employment, benefits, and business and commercial litigation, Peter N. Farley’s practice encompasses a diverse litigation background representing clients in many different matters.
Over the course of his career, Peter has represented companies in federal and state courts and agencies, as well as handling litigation before the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the California Attorney General’s Office. He handles single-plaintiff, class-action and collective action litigation; wage and hour audits; internal investigations; and employment advice and training.
Specifically, he represents clients on benefits litigation, employment compliance and litigation, employment discrimination claims, restrictive covenants, business torts, unfair competition, and employment agreements, including negotiating senior executive employment contracts, severance agreements and buyouts.
In addition to his labor and employment matters, Peter has represented clients in general corporate and commercial transactions. He has extensive experience negotiating and managing contract manufacturing deals, financings, complex licensing, information technology, outsourcing, and supplier agreements.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Peter was a partner in an international law firm, where he focused on labor and employment law and litigation, commercial litigation, and general corporate business matters. Before that, he managed and supervised all legal work for a large carpet and fiber manufacturer.
- Represented major manufacturer in race, age, sex, harassment, and retaliation litigation in jurisdictions across the United States.
- Represented international company to enforce restrictive covenants against former shareholders.
- Lead counsel in ERISA litigation for manufacturer involving unique fiduciary and preemption claims and issues.
- North Carolina State University, BA
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, Executive Articles Editor, Journal of Legislation
Admissions : Georgia, Virginia
- Board Member, Metro Atlanta March of Dimes
- Volunteer Attorney, Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- Volunteer, Woodruff Arts Center Corporate Campaign 2014, 2015
Rate : $$$