Peter Feist is a partner in Weil’s Corporate Department. Mr. Feist focuses on private equity and mergers & acquisitions. He advises clients on a wide array of transactions, including private and public acquisitions, leveraged and management buyouts, going-private transactions, recapitalizations, financings, minority investments and divestitures.
Mr. Feist has represented many leading private equity and corporate clients including Advent International, Anchor Equity Partners, Baring Private Equity Asia, General Electric Company, Hahn & Co., Lee Equity Partners, Lindsay Goldberg, OMERS, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, Providence Equity Partners, Public Sector Pension Investment Board, Thomas H. Lee Partners and Unitas Capital, among others.
Mr. Feist was a founding partner of Weil’s Hong Kong office, where he led the Firm’s Asia-Pacific private equity practice. Under Mr. Feist’s leadership, Weil’s private equity practice in Asia became one of the leading private equity platforms in the region and ranked a Tier 1 regional practice.
Selected transactions on which Mr. Feist has advised include:
- Advent International in multiple matters, including, together with Bain Capital, in the sale of a controlling stake in Boart Longyear to an investor group led by Macquarie, and the subsequent disposition of certain interests in Boart Longyear in an IPO of Boart Longyear
- Anchor Equity Partners, together with KKR, in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Ticket Monster, an e-commerce provider of discounted consumer goods, coupons for local services and travel packages from Groupon
- Baring Private Equity Asia in multiple matters, including in its acquisition of CMS Info Systems, a cash management services company, from Blackstone
- Hahn & Co., together with Hankook Tire Co. Ltd., in the US$3.6 billion acquisition of an approximately 70% equity stake in Hanon Systems (f/k/a Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp.) from Visteon Corporation
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition, with management, of Inmar, Inc. from ABRY Partners; and together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in multiple matters, including their approximately US$400 million investment in Kyobo Life Insurance Company
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in the C$3.4 billion acquisition with Loral Space & Communications of BCE Inc.’s Telesat Canada and the related merger of Telesat Canada with Loral Skynet
- Victoria University of Wellington (BCA, 1990)
- Victoria University of Wellington (LL.B., with highest honors, 1992)
- Hong Kong (Solicitor)
- New York State
- New Zealand (Barrister & Sol)
Rate : $$$$