Peter D. Fetzer is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. His practice focuses primarily in the areas of securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general corporate counseling to mutual funds, exchange traded funds, publicly traded investment advisers and public companies. He has extensive experience:
- Counseling and advising mutual funds, exchange traded funds, closed end funds and investment advisers on all aspects of the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act.
- Negotiating and effecting mutual fund, investment adviser and public company mergers and acquisitions.
- Counseling and advising directors and independent directors of mutual funds, exchange traded funds and public companies on corporate governance matters.
- Counseling mutual funds, exchange traded funds, closed-end funds, investment advisers and public companies with regard to their periodic and current reports with the SEC.
- Counseling and advising public companies, closed-end funds and private funds on proxy solicitations.
- Counseling and advising public and private companies in connection with the public and private offering of a variety of debt and equity securities.
He is a graduate of the University of Utah (B.A., summa cum laude, 1993) and the University of Wisconsin (J.D., cum laude, 1997).
Representative Matters :
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for private placement, on a national basis, of the issuer’s first and refunding mortgage bonds.
- Created a series of investments partnerships for a large family office and advised the family office on the income and excise tax issues and compliance with Dodd-Frank rules applicable to family offices.
- Engaged by Bear Stearns Asset Management to develop and obtain regulatory approval for this actively managed fixed income ETF. The approval of this ETF was groundbreaking in that it was the first actively managed ETF to trade in the United States.
Rate : $$$$