Peter G. Fischer is a labor and employment litigator focusing on the hospitality and food service industries. He provides strategic advice to owners and management companies nationwide on the prevention of employment litigation, regulatory compliance and labor relations.
Peter gives his clients practical, preventive advice to help decision-makers in key aspects of employee relations avoid disputes before they become larger concerns.
Peter helps employers and owners devise successful labor strategies and negotiate complex union agreements, and when disputes arise, he routinely represents management interests before the National Labor Relations Board, the EEOC and federal courts around the United States.
- Led a litigation team on behalf of a luxury hotel company in a labor arbitration hearing over union work rules involving millions of dollars in potential claims and future costs to the employer. Based on the strength of the evidence presented and the creative legal arguments put forward, the arbitrator found fully in the hotel’s favor and dismissed the union’s suit.
- Member of a negotiating team on behalf of a hotel in the Chicago area that reached a union agreement which resulted in more than one million dollars in estimated labor cost savings and added new operational options for the employer that had previously been restricted by union practices. Defended the company against unfair labor practice charges filed with the NLRB and proved that the employer was bargaining in good faith.
- Works with nationwide hotel ownership groups in today’s corporate labor campaigns in the U.S. hospitality industry, advising on labor relations matters, industry best practices and strategic responses to union corporate campaign tactics, including managing municipal and statewide requests for neutrality agreements.
- As a preventive measure, conducted nationwide audits on behalf of international hospitality companies to review their compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws. Examined pay practices, interviewed leaders and recommended a strategy for preventive wage and hour compliance, integrating local requirements into a national wage and hour program.
Memberships : International Society of Hospitality Consultants
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2003
- B.A., Emory University, 2000, International Studies
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2013
Rate : $$$