Mr. Peter Flägel is a member of the Corporate Department and has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border corporate transactions. He counsels corporations and individuals on the acquisition and sale of companies and business lines through mergers, auctions, bankruptcy sales, and management and leveraged buy-outs.
Mr. Flägel is also a member of the firm’s German Practice and counsels a number of German clients, which he advises, relying on the wide spectrum of services offered by Gibbons, on a broad scope of commercial legal issues, including company formations, negotiations of commercial contracts, real estate, employment questions, litigation, and intellectual property.
Mr. Flägel also has broad experience in securities matters, including public equity and debt offerings; venture capital financings; corporate governance under SEC and listing rules; private placements, including Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPEs); and cross-border public and private offerings. He has published numerous articles on corporate and securities law matters in both the United States and Germany.
- Act as general counsel to South American entrepreneur for all U.S. and international legal matters, including fund formations, real estate partnerships, venture capital investments, joint ventures, and business acquisitions.
- Management buy-out of a majority stake in a U.S. community-driven media and research business from a UK company.
- Acquisition of an energy infrastructure company by a private equity fund and creation of management incentive plans for target company.
- Sale of a U.S. flavor business unit by a major Danish food ingredients company to a Swiss competitor; and U.S. transactional and antitrust aspects of the sale of that same entire food ingredients company in a tender offer by a U.S. chemicals company.
- Public equity offerings for a luxury hotel and train company, including initial public offering (IPO), follow-on offerings, primary and secondary, including in registered direct offerings.
- Representation of an Irish biotech company listed on NASDAQ in all its U.S. mergers and acquisitions and public securities offerings.
- Representation of an international container leasing company in a shipping container receivables securitization to refinance existing bank debt.
- Fordham University School of Law (LL.M., cum laude)
- Georgia-Augusta-University (The University of Göttingen, Germany), Faculty of Law (Dr. jur., and J.D.)
- State of New York
Rate : $$$