Clients require creative, cost-effective solutions to their litigation needs. Peter J. Georgiton, a commercial litigator, understands this and works tirelessly to aggressively represent clients, seeking unique solutions to resolve disputes favorably and with efficiency.
Clients look to him to handle an array of high-stakes litigation matters in all phases, including mediation, trial, arbitration and appeal. He has represented clients in deceptive trade practice, disparagement, and tortious interference with contract disputes, breach of contract claims, antitrust claims, product liability litigation, patent litigation, closely-held corporation litigation, and transportation litigation, to name a few examples.
He has represented clients in trial and appellate courts throughout Ohio and in multiple states, including the Supreme Court of Ohio and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Sixth and Federal Circuits.
Peter also focuses on representing insurers nationwide in insurance coverage matters. He advises the nation’s largest insurers on coverage issues and best claims-handling practices, including with respect to first and third party claims and claims involving comprehensive general liability, property, automotive, non-trucking liability, excess workers’ compensation, employment practices liability, directors and officers, and environmental coverages.
He also represents insurers in coverage litigation, including litigation involving claims of bad faith. Peter has lectured several times on insurance issues, giving presentations for the National Business Institute and Dinsmore’s Insurance CLE.
Presently, he serves as a co-chair of the Bad Faith Subcommittee for the American Bar Association’s Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee. Peter also serves on Dinsmore’s Professional Development Committee.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2002)
- Wittenberg University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1999)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Dublin AM Rotary Club
- Friends of the Cincinnati Pops, past chair
- Fine Arts Fund, Business on Board Program Graduate (2007)
- Cincinnati Symphony Volunteer Association, past board member
Rate : $$$